Change the dates of a pay run
Create a new pay calendar to change the start and end dates of a pay run.
How it works
Xero uses pay calendars to set the start and end dates of a pay run. If you're a Payroll Admin, you can change these dates by adding a new calendar and assigning it to your employees.
Change the start and end dates of a pay run
- and select the start date you want to apply to the pay run. The length of the pay period (eg weekly or monthly) determines the pay run's end date.
- Assign the new pay calendar to your employees:
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click an employee's name to open their details.
- Click the Employment tab.
- Switch the Payroll Calendar field to the new calendar.
- Click Save.
- with the same pay period as the new calendar (eg weekly or monthly). The start date on the pay run will match the start date in the pay calendar.