Create a new expense in Xero
If you have approver status in Xero Expenses, you can capture receipts and create new expenses in Xero, for yourself and other employees.
- In the Accounts menu, select New Expense Claims.
- Click New expense claim.
- Click Select file to upload an image of your expense receipt, or drag and drop an image into the field from another folder.
- Select an employee from Spent by.
- (Optional) Enter the reason for purchase under Description.
- Enter a street address in the Spent at field.
- Select a date in the Spent on field.
- Select an Account to charge the expense against.
- (Optional) Apply tracking categories in the Region or Label fields.
- Select either Subtotal incl. tax or Subtotal excl. tax, and enter a subtotal.
- Save draft to finalise and submit later.
- Submit to send the expense claim to your approver.
- Approve if you are the approver and want to process the claim.