Edit supplier credit notes awaiting payment
Edit credit notes that are waiting to be applied to bills in Xero. You can void and print these credit notes. You can also see the bills that have been partially applied with credit.
How does it work
Select a credit note from reports that list individual transactions, eg the Aged Payables Detail report.
Awaiting payment supplier credit notes:
- Have a remaining credit balance. When the remaining balance is allocated, the credit note status changes to Paid.
- Show the credit note icon . Credit on bills show the credit on bill icon .
- Are accessed from:
- In the Accounts menu, select Awaiting Payment, click Paid, then select the credit note
Open a credit note directly from a bill
- Select a credit note from reports that list individual transactions.
Allocate credit to a bill
If you already have existing Awaiting Payment bills from suppliers in Xero, you can allocate some or all of this credit note to one or more bills using the Allocate credit option from the Credit Note Options button.
- This option does not display if there are no Awaiting Payment bills entered for this supplier - if you have any Draft or Awaiting Approval bills that you want to credit, you'll need to approve them first. You can perform this same allocation function from the bottom of the credit note by clicking on the 'Remaining Credit' balance.
- You'll be able to choose how much credit from this credit note you want to allocate to each Awaiting Payment bill for the supplier from the Allocate Credit Balance screen.
- If the full amount of the credit note is allocated, its status will change from Awaiting Payment to Paid.
- Any bills with a credit amount allocated from this credit note will display in the credit note balance - click on the bill link to view its details.
- If the credit allocated to a bill fully pays it, the bill will have a 0.00 balance and its status will change to Paid, otherwise the bill will remain in an Awaiting Payment status for further payments or credit.
Edit the Contact's address or account & tracking details
Credit note options
Click Credit Note options for a list of other actions you can perform on an Awaiting Payment credit note. The available options change depending on whether there are outstanding bills for the supplier.
- If there are Awaiting Payment bills for the supplier that credit can be allocated to, use Allocate Credit to apply some or all of the credit note to a bill.
- Use Void to void the credit note
- Use Edit to edit the credit note as described above
- Use Print to print a credit note
Click on any bills that have been allocated credit from this credit note. You can also allocate some or all of the remaining credit note by clicking on the 'Remaining Credit' link as described above.
History & Notes
Enter a note or view the history for this credit note (History & Notes)