Import fixed assets into another Xero organisation
Export your fixed assets from one Xero organisation and import them as draft assets into another organisation. You might do this if your client's organisation has been taken over, or your client has purchased fixed assets in bulk from another client's organisation.
About importing fixed assets into another Xero organisation
- All fixed assets are imported as draft assets.
- If you try to import assets with the same asset number as existing registered or disposed assets in the destination organisation, Xero won't import the assets.
- If you import assets with the same asset number as existing draft assets in the destination organisation, Xero will overwrite the draft assets with the imported data.
Before you start
In the destination organisation:
- Make sure you've set up all the asset types for the assets you are about to import.
- (Optional) Set up your tracking categories.
Import fixed assets
- In the original organisation, export all the fixed assets to a CSV file.
Make any changes you require to the exported assets, and add new assets (if you wish).
- Save the file in CSV format on your computer.
- In the destination organisation, upload the fixed assets CSV file in Xero.
- Review the draft assets in the destination organisation.
All assets are added to the register as draft assets. Register them together if you want to start depreciating them.