Edit an employee's rate or details in a paid pay run (for Xero's Pay Run feature)
You can override an employee's ordinary rate or change their details in a pay run you've already approved. Xero won't save the changes back to the employee contact record for subsequent pay runs.
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
- Open the approved pay run you want to update.
Click on the Net Pay figure of the employee whose pay you want to change. This opens their payslip.
- Under Payslip Options, select Edit.
- You'll see a message warning you that changes you make to the employee's payslip may affect other bills in the pay run. Click Continue.
- If you want to:
- Override the pay rate - click on the rate you want to change and enter the new value.
- Change employee details - click Edit Employee and make your changes. If you change the ordinary rate and you want it to show in this pay run, reselect the ordinary rate from the drop-down list after you've made your changes, or override the rate.
- Click Save.
- You'll see another message warning you that the changes you have made to the employee's payslip may affect other bills in the pay run. Click Continue.
- Click View updated pay run where you can see how the changes you have made to their pay have been applied.