If you have a Canadian organisation in Xero, you can create cheque payments for purchases, refunds and expense claims.
How cheque payments work
- Create cheque payments for some transactions from base currency bank accounts
Transactions in Xero you can create cheque payments for:
Spend money transactions
Credit note refunds
The bank account you use to create the cheque payment from must be in your base currency, and must not be a credit card or PayPal account.
When selecting a bank account for your check, the accounts will be listed in order based on the account code assigned in your Chart of Accounts. To change the order of bank accounts, simply update the account code.
- Each cheque payment created in Xero is recorded in your cheque register.
- Either print your cheque from Xero or use your own cheque book.
- If you're printing cheques from Xero, you can customise their format and choose which information displays.
- Use your cheque register to view, manage and print cheques.