Pay a spend money by cheque
If you have a Canadian organisation in Xero, you can create a cheque payment for a spend money transaction, then print the cheque or save it for printing later.
Find the spend money transaction and create the cheque payment
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Click the bank account's name that you want to pay the cheque from.
- Open your spend money transaction.
- From Options, select Pay by Cheque.
- Enter the Pay by Cheque details:
- Cheque #
You can change the number to the next available number, or a cheque number you deleted.
You cannot reuse a cheque number on an uncleared, reconciled, or voided cheque from the same bank account. Cheque numbers are unique across bank accounts.
- Pay to
You can change the payee. Both names appear on the cheque - the original payee displays as a reference so you know who the payment is to.
Add, edit, or delete a memo to display on the cheque.
If you add or change the address of your payee, this will also update the contact's postal address.
- Cheque Style
You can change the style applied to the cheque.
- Print the cheque or save it for later:
- Save & Print PDF
Before you print the cheque, you'll need to:
Save the cheque payment in the following situations:
- If you want to print the cheque from Xero later.
- If you want to use your own cheque book or other cheque printing software.