Troubleshooting for batch payments
If you're getting errors when trying to upload a batch payment file to your bank, there are a couple of things you can check before contacting your bank.
Check your bank account details
To check the bank account details for your organisation:
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Find the bank account you want.
- Click Manage Account, then select Edit Account Details.
- Make sure the correct bank is selected from the list displayed (not just typed in), and the correct Account Number has been entered.
- Edit the details if required and click Save.
After making these changes, re-export the batch file and try uploading to your bank again.
Check the batch payment details
To check the batch payment details for each supplier:
- Find your batch payment.
- Click on the batch to open.
- Click Options, then select Edit Batch.
- Check that the following fields have information in them:
Details – this is what appears on your bank statement.
Bank Account – the supplier’s bank account.
Details – this field is compulsory and is what appears on the supplier’s bank statement.
- Check that the Payment Date is not in the past. If you're exporting the file and uploading it at another time, set this to a future date.
- Enter in any missing details and click Save.
- Re-export the batch file and try uploading to your bank again.
Contact your bank if you're still having trouble uploading the file
If you are still having trouble uploading a batch file to your bank and receive an error message, please contact your bank and confirm:
- What the error message means. Once you know this, you can fix the details in Xero and re-export the file.
- Your bank account is set up to accept batch payment files.
If you still get errors, click Contact Xero Support at the end of this page, let us know the details of your query and attach a screenshot of the error message.