Delete a prepayment
Delete a prepayment you recorded.
When you can't delete a prepayment
- You can't delete a prepayment you've refunded or reconciled. You need to remove the refund or delete the reconciliation first and then delete the prepayment.
- You can't delete a prepayment you've allocated to another invoice or bill. You need to remove the credit first and then delete the prepayment.
Remove a credited prepayment from an invoice or bill
If you credit a prepayment to another invoice or bill, you need to remove it from that invoice or bill before you can delete it.
- On the Accounts menu, select Sales (for a prepayment received) or Purchases (for a prepayment paid).
- Find the invoice or bill you credited the prepayment to. Click to open it.
Click the delete icon next to the amount credited to the invoice or bill.
- Click OK to confirm.
Delete a prepayment added during bank reconciliation
- Go to Accounts, then select Bank Accounts.
- Click the name of the bank account that has the prepayment you want to delete.
- On the Account transactions tab, select the checkbox next to the prepayment.
- Click Remove & Redo.
Delete a prepayment recorded on an invoice or bill
You can delete a prepayment you recorded on an invoice or bill if:
- You haven't refunded the prepayment, or you deleted the refund.
- You haven't allocated the prepayment to another invoice or bill, or you removed the credit.
To delete the prepayment:
- Go to Accounts, then select Sales (for an prepayment received) or Purchases (for a prepayment paid).
- Click Paid.
- Click the invoice or bill you recorded the prepayment on.
- Click Options, then select Remove & Redo.