Void a paid pay run (using Xero's Pay Run feature)
Delete a pay run with a Paid status by deleting the payments in the relevant bank account. This returns the pay run to an Approved status where you can void it.
How it works
- If your pay run has a Paid status, all transactions within that pay run are paid. You need to delete all payment transactions (including tax payments) within the relevant bank account first, before your pay run returns to Approved (Awaiting Payment) status. You can void the pay run or even individual payment lines inside it.
- Deleting payment transactions from a paid pay run does not remove statement lines from your bank statement.
Delete payments from a paid pay run
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Locate the bank account the payments are recorded against.
- Click Manage Account, and select Account Transactions.
Select the checkbox in the line or lines you want to delete.If you paid your employees using a single batch payment, this will be one line. Xero will call this 'Payment: Multiple Items' in the Description field.
- Select Remove & Redo.
- Click Yes.
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
- Open the pay run you want to void. This will now have an Approved status.
- Click Pay Run Options, then select Void.
- Click OK.