Edit a payslip (using Xero's Pay Run feature)
Edit payslips within an approved pay run.
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
Open the pay run you want to edit and click on the amount relating to the payslip you need to edit. If you have more than one payslip to change, you'll need to do this one by one.
Under Payslip Options, select Edit.This menu option won't be available if any payslips or bills within the pay run have been paid.
- Click Continue to accept that your changes may affect other bills in the pay run.
- Item, Qty and Rate fields to edit details in existing pay items
- Add a new line to add additional items to the payslip
- The delete icon to the right of any line to delete it from the payslip
Edit Employee to update employee detailsMake sure you also update any taxes or deduction payments on the payslip if they have been affected by changes to pay amounts.
- Click Save.
- Click Continue to accept that your changes will affect other bills in the pay run, and that all affected bills will be automatically updated to match these changes.
You can now view your updated pay run to see your changes.
If you make changes to pay item names, or employee contact details elsewhere in Xero, the new details will appear in your approved pay run and payslips right away.
Changes to pay item rates or Ordinary Time, will not flow through to payslips in approved pay runs.