Edit or remove a payment from a paid pay run (using Xero's Pay Run feature)
To change or delete a payment in a pay run with a Paid status, you need to remove and redo all transactions. You can then update the transaction and process the pay run again.
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
- Open the pay run you want to edit.
- Click the Net Pay amount for the line item you want to update.
Click the Total amount to go to the transaction in your account.
- From the Options menu, select Remove & Redo. This will move the bank transaction to an unreconciled state.
- Return to the pay run you're editing. Repeat the process above to change the status of items from 'Paid' to 'Awaiting payment'.
- Click the Net Pay field for the employee payment you want to edit or remove.
Under Payslip Options, select Edit to update pay items or Void to delete the payslip.