Copy a previous pay run (using Xero's Pay Run feature)
To save entering much of the same information each time you create a pay run, you can copy any approved or paid pay run from a past date and then edit the details to fit the new pay run you want to process.
Copy a pay run
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
- Click New Pay Run.
- Select the Copy a previous pay run checkbox and the date you want to copy.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm Pay Frequency and From and To dates are correct and add Payment date for the Pay Run.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Select employees to include in the pay run.
- (Optional) Click Add Employee to add another employee to the pay run.
- Click into Qty and Rate fields for each employee to enter employee payment amounts and quantities or check the copied information is correct. Xero will automatically update totals based on this information.
If you have updated an employee’s ordinary rate in the time since the pay run you are copying, the new rate won’t appear in the copied pay run. You will need to manually update it.
- (Optional) Add additional benefits or deductions to any employee by adding a pay item to a draft pay run.
- Click Next.
- Review your draft pay run.
- (Optional) Add a note to go on every employee's payslip in the Payslip notes field.
- (Optional) Click Show employee’s tax number on payslips checkbox.
- Click Save to continue editing the pay run in draft, or click Approve.