Logging in to Xero for Android
You can log in to Xero for Android using your fingerprint, a security code, your Xero password, or you can choose to leave the app unlocked.
There are 4 options for logging in to Xero for Android (depending on the device you use):
- Fingerprint – if your device has a fingerprint scanner, register your fingerprint to log into Xero for Android.
- Keep app unlocked – if you use your fingerprint or a passcode on your device's lock screen, you can choose to keep Xero for Android unlocked.
- Security code – you can set up a 4-digit security code to use every time you open the app. This code should be different from the passcode you use to unlock your device.
- Xero password – login by entering your Xero password each time you open the app. If you've enabled two-step authentication in Xero, you'll need to also enter the code from Google Authenticator.
Change the way you log in
- Tap the menu icon on the Dashboard.
- Tap Settings.
- If you currently have the app unlocked, turn on Keep app locked.
- Tap your preferred option:
- Fingerprint (if available on your device).
- Security code, then enter your 4-digit code.
- Xero password.
- (Optional) If you want to update your security code, tap Change security code, and enter your new code.
- Tap the back arrow to return to the Dashboard.