Add a new user to your organisation
If you have Manage Users permission, you can invite a new user in to your Xero organisation. Each new user will need to accept the invitation to get access.
Over the next few days we’re rolling out a new design for adding and editing users, so what you see in Xero may be slightly different from what’s described on this page. We’re not changing the permissions of users or the basic processes, so the information in this page still applies. For more details about the changes, see our blog post.
About adding users
- Each of our pricing plans let you invite as many users as you want into your Xero organisation.
- When you invite users to access your organisation, you only add them to that organisation.
- If you want one person to have access to all of your organisations, you'll need to invite them from within each organisation.
- Invited users can't change the subscriber for an organisation. Only the current subscriber can transfer the subscription to someone else.
Invite a new user
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click Invite a User.
- Enter the new user's first name, last name and email address. The Xero invitation will be sent to this email address.
- Choose a role for the user and select any extra permissions (if required). This determines the level of access they have to your Xero organisation.
- Click Continue.
- Enter an email message or use the default text, then click Send Invite.
The new user will need to accept the invite within 14 days.
We recommend you don't share login details
If you share login details, you won't be able to maintain a reliable audit trail of access and data changes. You'll also risk the login details falling into the wrong hands.
There is no extra charge for adding users to each organisation, so make sure every user has their own separate and secure login.