Add a custom (DOCX) branding theme
Add a custom (DOCX) branding theme to personalise your invoices, credit notes, statements, quotes and purchase orders. You can set up multiple themes to use in different situations. For example, if you run more than one business under the same company structure, you can use different themes for each business.
DOCX is a Microsoft Word document that has the .docx file extension. You'll need to be experienced using tables and field codes in Word in order to create a DOCX template.
Add a custom DOCX branding theme
After you've set up your organisation in Xero, you can add up to 15 custom (DOCX) branding themes to apply to invoices, credit notes, statements, quotes or purchase orders. You can't preview custom themes and you can't apply them to receipts or remittance advices.
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Invoice Settings.
Click New Branding Theme, then select Custom .docx.
Name your theme and select OK.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Invoice Settings page to see the new theme.
Click Download to download a ZIP file containing the invoice, credit note, statement, purchase order and quote templates.
- Open or save the file to your computer.
- Unzip the file (if your computer doesn't do this for you automatically) so you can see the template files: Invoice.docx, CreditNote.docx, Statement.docx, PurchaseOrder.docx and Quote.docx.
- Open the template file you want to customise. You'll see it's formatted like any other Xero invoice, credit note, statement or purchase order, but it's made up of tables containing fields that correspond with data fields in Xero. (You'll be familiar with these fields and this type of concept if you've used mail merge features in MS Word 2007 or 2010.) Xero uses the fields in the template to pull corresponding field data from Xero.
- Customise your theme:
- Save the template to your computer as a DOCX. For example, Invoice.docx.
Click Upload to upload the customised template into Xero.
Click Browse for the template you want to upload.
- Locate and select the DOCX template you saved to your computer.
- Click Upload to finish the process.
- Repeat the process for each of the templates you want to customise for the theme.