The GST Audit Report
Xero's GST Audit Report displays transactions that make up the amount of GST owed by or to your organisation, for the GST reporting period. You can't run this report by itself, Xero generates it when you run the activity statement.
About transactions on the GST Audit Report
- The GST Audit Report lists transactions entered during the reporting period. The report groups transactions by tax rate, with a separate section for each tax rate used.
- Xero includes transactions on the cash or accruals basis, according to your selected GST accounting method. Invoices and bills must be approved and expense claims must be authorised, to be included in this report.
- Find the GST component of your transactions by selecting the transaction to get to the original invoice, credit note, transaction or expense claim.
- Match GST Audit Report subtotals for each tax rate, to Xero's automatically populated totals on the activity statement.
- Xero excludes transactions listed under the 'BAS Excluded' section of the GST Audit Report from the activity statement. These transactions have 'No Tax' on a transaction or 'BAS Excluded' on a line item.
About the reference column
The Reference column displays the transaction reference, if any.
Note the following exceptions:
- For manual journals, the Reference column will display the journal number of the posted journal.
- For sales invoices, sales credit notes and sales invoice payments, if there is no reference the invoice or credit note number will display.
- For bill payments, if there's no reference on the payment, the reference on the bill will display.
- For a wages payable invoice, if there's no reference, the payslip reference will display.
- No reference displays for opening balance journals, expense claims, expense claim payments or depreciation.
- For sales invoice payments and bill payments, if there's no reference on the payment, the reference on the invoice or bill will display.
- For a wages invoice payment, if there's no reference on the payment, the payslip reference will display.
- No reference displays for expense claim payments.