Movements in Equity (older version)
Access the older version of the Movements in Equity report. The Movements in Equity report shows the change in your organisation's net worth over the financial year.
Run the report
To run the older version of the Movements in Equity report:
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Under Financial, select Movements in Equity. The report shows data for the end of your financial year by default.
- Balance Date: Select a different month if you wish.
- Compare to: Choose whether to compare the chosen balance date with the previous year or not.
- Click Update to run the report.
What displays on the report
Surplus and Revaluations shows the net profit for the financial year chosen taken directly from the Profit and Loss report.
Other Movements shows the total of transactions in your equity accounts for the financial year chosen.
Your financial year is specified by you on the Financial Settings screen. It will be June by default unless you changed it when first setting up Xero.
To drill down to the Profit and Loss report for the period you've selected, click the net surplus figure. Click Back to Movements in Equity to return.
Click on a total in the Other Movements section of the report to see an Account Transactions report showing the transactions that make up that amount. Click Back to Movements in Equity to return.
Check comparative balances
For the Movements in Equity report to be correct, your comparative balances need to be fully set up in Conversion Balances. You need to have a comparative balance for the applicable period for each account covered by the report.