Account Summary report
The Account Summary report shows a monthly summary for a chosen account. If you've used Xero’s Budget Manager to enter your budget, the report gives you a comparison of actual against budget for that month.
How it works
- Account balances display in graph and list format. Click a total to view the Account Transactions report for the account, which shows all the transactions that make up that amount.
- An amount is included in the balance once the relevant transaction (bill, invoice or expense claim) has been approved. Cash transactions are recorded as soon as the spend or receive money transaction is created in Xero.
- If you're using multi-currency, the report displays in your organisation's base currency.
Generate the Account Summary report
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Expand the list under Accounting, then select Account Summary.
- Select the account and enter the date range.
- (Optional) Under Budget, select an overall or tracking budget to show comparisons, or leave as None to show only actual amounts.
- (Optional) Select the Cash Basis checkbox to show only cash transactions within the specified date range.
- Click Update.
The Account Summary report can also be generated by drilling down from older versions of the Balance Sheet, General Ledger, Profit and Loss report, or Trial Balance. Click a specific account to view the transaction summaries.
Export the Account Summary report
Export the Account Summary report to Excel, PDF or Google Sheets format so you can then open, save or print the report outside of Xero.
If you have the Adviser user role, you will also be able to Save as Draft or Publish this report and change the default PDF preferences. If you’re using Partner Edition, your practice logo will display if your Principal has set it up. You can also add footnotes.