Access and generate adviser report packs
Access and generate report packs from templates created in your Xero practice.
Generate adviser report packs
Report pack templates that are currently saved in the Ready To Use tab within your practice, will be available in your client's organisations.
- Go to the Xero organisation you want to run the report pack for.
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Click the Adviser tab.
- (Optional) Click the star next to the report pack(s) you wish to favourite. It will then appear in the Reports drop-down menu under Adviser Favourites.
Click on the report pack name to run the report pack.
The date/time frame options shown by default will depend on the options chosen when creating the report pack template. You can alter the date, time frame and other options as necessary using the relevant menus on each report.
- Click Update to apply any changes to each report as you make them.
Customise your report pack
Use the rich text editor to edit text blocks
Click into any text block to open up the rich text editor. Here you can use standard text formatting tools such as bold, italics and underline; bulleted or numbered lists. The following tools are also available:
Paste from Excel or Word (including tables)
Paste from an Excel spreadsheet or Word document and preserve some formatting (including tables) in the editor.
- In Excel or Word, copy the content to your clipboard in your usual way (e.g. Ctrl + C or Cmd + C).
- In the rich text editor, place the cursor where you would like to paste your content.
- Click the Paste button.
- Use the key combination Ctrl + V (Windows) or Cmd + V (Mac) to paste your content into the pop-up window.
- Click OK to insert the content.
- Click Save.
Edit a table
- Place the cursor in the table you want to edit.
- Right-click (Windows) or Cmd + click (Mac) to bring up table editing options.
- From this menu, you can:
- paste from Word or Excel: select Paste;
- insert or delete a row or column: select Row or Column;
- delete the entire table: select Delete Table;
- change header placement or the number of rows or columns: select Table Properties.
- Click Save.
Edit title and numbering
You can edit the title and numbering of editable text blocks. Click into the grey text block to make the title line editable.
If you remove a number, any subsequent numbers on that report will not change. You can alter numbering for the report pack template if you prefer, and subsequent numbering will automatically change to accommodate the missing number.