Access and generate adviser report packs
Access and generate report packs from templates created in your Xero practice.
You currently have a choice between the existing report packs and their replacement, the new report templates. This page provides information on using the old report packs in Xero.
Try out the new report templates
Report pack templates are only available within Xero's Partner Edition.
- Access report pack templates created for your practice
- Favourite reports to appear in the Reports menu
- Generate adviser report packs
- Use the rich text editor to edit text blocks
- Edit title and numbering
- Save, print, publish or export
Related report pages:
All the adviser report pack templates currently saved as ready to use within your practice (in the Reporting section of My Xero) will be available in each organisation in your Xero practice.
Reports favourited to appear in the Reports menu have a coloured-in blue star next to them.
Anyone in your practice who has the Adviser user role can make changes to report pack templates, whether they created them or not. Adviser user roles can also archive report pack templates or delete them.
You may want to favourite one or two report packs per organisation to make it quicker to find the right report pack for that organisation. That way the relevant report packs will be accessible directly from the Reports menu rather than the full Adviser screen.
- Go into the Xero organisation you want the report pack to be favourited for.
- Select Reports > All Reports > Adviser.
- Click in the star next to the report pack(s) you wish to favourite. When it's coloured-in blue, it will appear in the Reports drop-down menu under Adviser Favourites.
- Go to the Xero organisation you want to run the report pack for.
- Go to Reports > All Reports > Adviser.
- Click on the report pack name to run the report pack.
- Click Update to apply any changes to each report as you make them.
The date/time frame options shown by default will depend on the options chosen when creating the report pack template. You can alter the date, time frame and other options as necessary using the relevant menus on each report.
Click into any text block to open up the rich text editor. Here you can use standard text formatting tools such as bold, italics and underline; bulleted or numbered lists. The following tools are also available.
Paste from an Excel spreadsheet or Word document and preserve some formatting (including tables) in the editor.
- In Excel or Word, copy the content to your clipboard in your usual way (e.g. Ctrl + C or Cmd + C).
- In the rich text editor, place the cursor where you would like to paste your content.
- Click the Paste button.
- Use the key combination Ctrl + V (Windows) or Cmd + V (Mac) to paste your content into the pop-up window.
- Click OK to insert the content.
- Save your changes.
- Click the Table button.
- Enter the number of rows and columns for the table.
- Select where any headers should go (first column, first row, both or none).
- Click OK.
- Save your changes.
You can alter table properties after you've inserted a table (including one you've pasted from Word or Excel). Use Right-click (Windows) or Cmd + click (Mac) and select Table Properties.
- Place the cursor in the table you want to edit.
- Right-click (Windows) or Cmd + click (Mac) to bring up table editing options.
- From this menu, you can:
- paste from Word or Excel: select Paste;
- insert or delete a row or column: select Row or Column;
- delete the entire table: select Delete Table;
- change header placement or the number of rows or columns: select Table Properties.
- Save your changes.
When you print to PDF, all tables (including those you've pasted from Word) will have the same default Xero format, with one column aligned to the left and all other columns aligned to the right. This cannot be changed.
Save your changes to each text field
Each editable text field has its own Save and Cancel buttons. You will need to save the content of each field you edit on each report before progressing to the next report screen, otherwise the content you have entered will be lost. To return to the previously saved or default text (if any), click the Cancel button.
You can edit the title and numbering of editable text blocks. Click into the grey text block to make the title line editable.
Note that if you remove a number, any subsequent numbers on that report will not change. You can alter numbering for the report pack template if you prefer, and subsequent numbering will automatically change to accommodate the missing number. You do this in My Xero on the Reports tab.
Saving, printing, publishing and exporting options appear on each screen of the report pack, but apply to the entire report pack. For example, if you export to PDF, the entire report pack will be exported to that format.
When you export your report pack, it may include a cover page and contents page, depending on whether those options were selected for that report pack template when it was created.