Move imported statements to another bank account or organisation in Xero
If you've imported statement lines into the wrong bank account in Xero, you can import them again into a new bank account or organisation. If you still have the original bank statement files (eg OFX, QIF, CSV), simply import these into the new bank account or organisation.
- Generate the Bank Reconciliation Summary Report for the bank account or organisation you’re taking the information out of.
On the Bank Statement tab, select the date range you want to extract.
- Export this report to Excel.
Open the file and go to the Bank Statement worksheet.
Delete rows 1-5 and 7-8. Leave row 6.
Delete the closing balance row at the end of the spreadsheet.
Delete columns C, E, F and H.
- Make sure you’re on the Bank Statement worksheet and save as a CSV. This will delete the other 2 worksheets we don't need. You’re now left with a clean data file.
Import the CSV bank statement file into the new bank account or organisation, making sure you assign the columns correctly.
- All statement lines will now show as ready to reconcile in your new bank account or organisation.
- Delete bank statement from the bank account you originally imported it into, if this was a mistake.
Have a direct feed set up on old account or organisation? Click the Contact Xero Support button at the end of this page so we can move this to your new bank account or organisation. Include your:
- Bank account number
- Bank account or organisation name you're moving it from and to