Add or edit a project
Add a new project so you can track time and costs, and report on the profitability of the project. You can edit the project if you need to change any of the details.
Before you start
You have to assign a project to a specific contact, so make sure you've added them as a contact in Xero first. You're not able to create a contact through Projects.
Add a new project
- In the Projects menu, select All projects.
- Click New project.
- Fill in the project details
- Contact - Select an existing contact.
- Project name - Give your project a name.
- Deadline - (Optional) Enter a deadline.
- Estimate - (Optional) Add an Estimate.
- Click Create.
Edit an existing project
In the Projects menu, select All projects.
Click the name of the project you want to edit.
Click the Settings icon, then select Edit.
Make your changes, then click Save.