Set up rostered days off (RDOs) and time off in lieu (TOIL)
Set up RDOs and TOIL by adding them as custom leave pay items. Once added, process these days using a leave request so the leave balance reduces by the amount taken.
Step 1: Create the RDO or TOIL pay item
- Create a custom leave pay item and select Paid Leave.
- Complete all fields, and click Add.
Step 2: Assign pay item to employee and add accrual method
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee you want to assign a leave type to.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Complete fields:
- Leave - select the pay item created in Step 1: Create the RDO or TOIL pay item.
- Leave Calculation Method - Select Fixed Amount Each Period, and enter the amount the employee accrues towards their RDOs each pay period. You can also set the accrual amount to 0 and adjust the entitlement as you process each pay.
TOIL and RDOs must be processed via a leave request, so the leave balance is reduced by the number of hours taken.
- Submit an employee's leave request or get the employee to request leave in My Payroll.
- Process the pay run as usual.