Switch to payroll in Xero from Pay Run
If you've been using Xero's Pay Run, switch to payroll in Xero to make it easy to process pay runs and manage leave. You'll need to set up employer and employee information before you can begin processing pays in Payroll. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Go to Payroll Settings.
- Under the Contacts tab, select Employees, if you still want access employee contact details from within Pay Run.
If you start using payroll mid-way through a financial year, set payroll opening balances so Xero can create payment summaries for the entire financial year. You can get your gross wages, PAYG and superannuation opening balances from the Pay Run by Employee report.
- Add an ordinary earnings line and enter the Wages total from the Pay Run by Employee report.
- In the Total tax amount field enter the Taxes total from your Pay Run by Employee report.
- Add a superannuation line and enter the Employer Contributions total from the Pay Run by Employee report.
- Enter leave liability opening balances (this information isn't currently available within Pay Run):
- Add a leave line, select the appropriate leave type and enter the number of hours.
You're done. You can now begin to take advantage of the additional benefits that Xero Payroll brings.