Process a tax adjustment for an employee
If you are a payroll admin, add a recurring or manual tax adjustment to increase or decrease the tax amount on an employee's payslip.
Add a recurring tax adjustment
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click the Taxes tab.
- Under Tax Declaration, select the Upwards Variation Requested checkbox.
- In the Increased Tax Withholding Amount field, enter the amount to increase the employee’s tax for each future pay.
- Click Save Only.
Add a manual tax adjustment
Add a manual tax adjustment for one-off payments that apply to more than one pay period. For example, annual bonuses or back pay.
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Select or create the draft pay run you want to add the adjustment to.
- Click the name of the employee to open their payslip.
- Click Add Tax Line.
- Enter a description for the adjustment and click OK.
In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to adjust for the employee's tax.A negative amount decreases the total tax on the employee’s payslip.
- Save the payslip.