Change the start date in a timesheet
Create a new pay calendar to change the start date in a timesheet.
How it works
Xero uses pay calendars to set the start date in a timesheet. If you're a Payroll Admin, you can change these dates by adding a new calendar and assigning it to your employees.
Adjust the start date in a timesheet
- Create a new pay calendar and select the start date you want to appear in your timesheet.
- Assign the new pay calendar to your employees:
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click an employee's name to open their details.
- Click the Employment tab.
- Switch the Payroll Calendar field to the new calendar.
- Click Save.
- Create an employee timesheet with the same pay period as the new calendar (eg weekly or monthly). The start day on the timesheet will match the start date in the pay calendar.