Set up long service leave
Set up long service leave by adding them as custom leave pay items. Once added, process these days using a leave request so the leave balance is reduced by the amount taken.
Refer to the Fair Work Ombudsman to find out the rules for your state.
Step 1: Create the long service leave pay item
- Create a custom leave pay item and select Paid Leave.
- Complete all fields, and click Add.
Step 2: Assign pay item to employee and add accrual method
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee you want to assign a leave type to.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Complete all fields including:
- Leave - select the pay item created earlier.
- Leave Calculation Method - You can select any method, but Based on Ordinary Earnings is generally recommended for this type of leave for both full and part time employees.
Step 3: Submit leave request
Long service leave must be processed via a leave request, so the leave balance is reduced by the number of hours taken.