Set up long service leave
Set up long service leave for an employee, including opening balances and accrual rates, by adding it as pay item. Once this is added to your employee, you can process this leave type using a leave request to adjust the leave balance correctly.
Before you start
- Check the rules for your state about long service leave (Fair Work Ombudsman website).
- Assign a holiday group to your employee so their leave isn’t reduced when there is a public holiday during their leave period.
- Add leave loading to employees who are eligible to receive it while taking leave.
Assign long service as a leave type to your employee
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee you want to assign the leave to.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Complete all fields including:
- Leave - select Long Service Leave.
- Leave Calculation Method - You can select any method, but Based on Ordinary Earnings is generally recommended for this type of leave for both full and part time employees.
- Click Save.