Submit an employee's leave request
You can create and approve a leave request for an employee for inclusion in a pay run. You must process all leave through this request workflow, so accruals correctly balance.
Only Payroll Admins can submit leave requests for employees.
- In the Payroll menu, select Leave.
- Click New Leave Request.
- Select the Employee.
- Fill in all details:
- Employee – Select the employee taking leave.
- Type of Request – Select the leave type. The balance for this leave type adjusts when you process payroll for the period.
- Description – Add short text. This isn't included on the employee’s payslip.
- Start Date and End Date – Select the first and last days of the employee’s leave.
- Pay Period/Hours – Check the number of hours are correct and edit if needed. This is the number of hours subtracted from the leave type’s balance when payroll is processed for the period.
Approved leave requests for future leave, will appear in the matching future pay run. Leave requests for past pay periods will appear in the next pay run.