Submit an employee's leave request
If you have Payroll Admin access, create and approve a leave request for an employee for inclusion in a pay run. You must process all leave through this request workflow, so accruals correctly balance.
- In the Payroll menu, select Leave.
- Click New Leave Request.
- Select the employee.
- Complete all fields including:
- Employee – Select the employee taking leave
- Type of Request – Select the leave type. The balance for this leave type adjusts when you process payroll for the period
- Description – Add short text. This isn't included on the employee’s payslip
- Start Date and End Date – Select the first and last days of the employee’s leave
- Pay Period/Hours – Check the number of hours are correct and edit if needed. This is the number of hours subtracted from the leave type’s balance when payroll is processed for the period
- Click Approve.
Approved leave requests for future leave, will appear in the matching future pay run. Leave requests for past pay periods will appear in the next pay run.