Correct employee super contributions previously processed as deductions
If you have previously recorded super payments for employees as super salary sacrifice deductions rather than contributions, reverse these payments and process them as contributions in an unscheduled pay run.
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Click Add Pay Run and choose Unscheduled Pay Run from the dropdown menu.
- Select Calendar and Pay period.
- Select the checkbox next to each employee you want to update.
- Click into the detailed view for employee:
- Click Add Superannuation Line, and then select Pre-Tax Voluntary Contribution (RESC) as the Contribution type.
- Enter the value of the Total Amount paid during the year.
- Click Add Deduction Line, then select the Deduction type previously used.
- Click OK and enter the value of the total amount deducted during the year as a negative, for example -500.00.
- Click on the existing Super Guarantee Contribution (SGC) line and change the Calculation Type to Percentage of Earnings with a percentage of 0%.
- Delete all other earnings and deduction leave accrual lines.
- Change the employee’s gross, tax and net pay to nil.
- Repeat for each employee.
- Click Post Pay Run.
- Click Yes to confirm your pay run.
This will update their super contributions as a one-off. If you want to make super contributions for those employees in future pay runs, update your employee's pay template.