Transfer money between your bank accounts in Xero
Here's how to record the details of a transfer that you've made between your bank accounts. Xero won't make the transfer for you, it will only record it. Once you've entered the transfer, both bank accounts will have a transaction recording the transfer details.
To transfer money between your bank accounts:
- Click the plus icon (from most areas in Xero, except when working in fixed assets or payroll), and select Transfer Money.
- Select the account the money is coming from.
- Select the account the money is going to.
- (Optional) If you have set up tracking categories, click add tracking and select a category for the transfer.
- Choose the date of the transfer.
Enter the amount.
If you're transferring between bank accounts with different currencies, calculate the converted amount and enter it in the second amount field.
- (Optional) Add a reference to provide further information about the transfer.
- Click Transfer, then select a transfer option.