Edit paid supplier credit notes
Edit credit notes that you’ve completely allocated to one or more bills in Xero. You can delete the credit allocations, and void or print the credit notes. You can also see the paid invoices, and the credited or refunded amounts.
How does it work
Paid supplier credit notes:
- Have 0.00 remaining credit balance
- Show the credit note icon . Credit on bills show the credit on bill icon .
- Are accessed from:
- In the Accounts menu, select Purchases, click Paid, then select the credit note.
Open a credit note directly from a bill. If the full amount of the credit note was applied to the selected bill, the credit note status has a Paid status.
- Select a credit note from reports that list individual transactions.
Edit a paid supplier credit note
Edit a contact
You can change the contact (who it's from), the contact address, or the accounts:
- Click the contact name to edit the contact's details and notes
- Click Add address or Edit address to add or change the contact's address. This updates the address for all transactions, not only the credit note.
- If you've entered a Xero network key received from another Xero organisation, an icon shows next to their name. It's not used for anything on a paid credit note.
Delete a credit allocation
From the credit note next to the bill allocation you want to delete, click the remove icon. The credit note returns to the Awaiting Payment status. If the credit amount paid the bill completely, the bill also returns to Awaiting Payment.
Print a credit note
On an open credit note, click Print PDF to preview and print it as a PDF. You can also select many credit notes on the Paid tab and click Print.
Credit note options
From Credit Note Options, you can void a paid credit note, and edit the account or tracking options:
- Click Void to void a credit note. It's removed from the bill it's allocated to.
- Click Edit to edit the account or tracking options. You can't change any other details.
Under the Total Credit line, click any bill to view it. You can delete the allocation from here if you want.
History & Notes
You can enter a note or view the credit note history.