Set up Stripe as a payment service in Xero
Accept online payments for your invoices using Stripe. To set this up, add Stripe as a payment service, then apply to a branding theme. When selecting a payment account, choose the bank account that Stripe deposits your payments into. You can't set up a bank account or bank feed for Stripe in Xero.
Add Stripe as a payment service
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Connect, click Payment Services.
- Click Add Payment Service, then select Stripe.
- Enter a name to display in Xero.
- Select the credit card logos to display on your invoice. These depend on your merchant provider. VISA and MasterCard have been selected by default and can't be unchecked.
- Select the bank account to deposit the payment in. If you select another type of account listed in your chart of accounts, the option to pay with Stripe won't appear on a multi-currency invoice.
If you want to automate your fees, under Fees Account, select Add account. Check the Stripe fees expense account details that Xero has entered.
If you don't want to automate fees, unselect the checkbox.
If you want to set up surcharging, select Charge my customer a processing fee. The default rate reflects the fee that Stripe collects in your region, or you can enter a custom rate of up to five percent.
Under Reimbursement account, select Add account. Check the Stripe fee reimbursement revenue account details that Xero has entered and click Save.
In some jurisdictions, it's prohibited to charge processing fees to your customer. It's your responsibility to comply with applicable laws concerning surcharging.
Click Connect to Stripe.
- Log in to Stripe if you have an account, or sign up for a new account.
- Enter your account details. If you have an existing Stripe account you'd like to use, select an account from the Switch account list.
- Click Authorize access to this account.
You'll be returned to Xero, now apply Stripe to a branding theme.
Apply to a branding theme
- On the Payment Services screen, click Manage Themes.
- Select this payment service as credit card service. You can also select a PayPal service you've already set up.
- Click Save.