Account code suggestions for new invoices
When you add a new invoice and enter an item description and quantity, Xero automatically suggests an account code. The suggestion is based on how you've coded invoices in the past and what corrections have been made by your accountant or bookkeeper.
How it works
- Each time you add a new line item, an account code is suggested.
- You can override the suggested account and we’ll take this into account with future suggestions.
- Any inventory item and customer defaults will still apply.
Add an invoice and review the account code suggestions
- Click the plus icon and select Invoice.
- Enter the name of the customer, then select the invoice date and due date.
- Enter an item description and quantity.
- Review the suggested account. You can select another account from the list if required.
- (Optional) Enter another item.
- Click Approve or Save.