Transfer a registered fixed asset to a pool
If you have the Adviser user role, transfer a registered fixed asset to a pool for tax reporting purposes. You can only transfer assets to a pool at the beginning of a financial year. You may need to run depreciation before you can make the transfer. If you've already depreciated your asset past the transfer date, Xero will roll back depreciation for you.
Before you start
- Create the pool you want to transfer your registered fixed asset to.
- Check you've run depreciation on the asset up to or past the transfer date.
Transfer the asset
- On the Accounts menu, click Fixed Assets.
- On the Registered tab, click the Asset Number of the asset you want to transfer, to open the asset's details.
Click Options, and select Transfer to Pool.
- If you have more than one pool, select the Pool for the asset.
- Select the Transfer Date.
Enter the Pooled Amount.
- Click Save.
Xero automatically rolls back depreciation if required
If you've previously run depreciation past the transfer date, Xero automatically rolls back depreciation on the asset to the day before the transfer date. After you transfer the asset, you can see the rollback details in the History & Notes for the asset.