Make a fixed asset pool adjustment
You can make an adjustment to a pool to increase or decrease the pool's balance. You need the Adviser user role to do this. If you want to change the pool's name or other details, edit the pool instead.
When can you make a pool adjustment?
You can make an adjustment to a pool if the adjustment is dated:
- In the current financial year.
- In the next financial year if depreciation is run to the end of the financial year.
If you want to make an adjustment for an earlier financial year, roll back depreciation. Adjustments aren't undone when depreciation is rolled back.
What are the pool adjustment types?
- Opening balance - Adjusts the pool's opening balance used to calculate depreciation.
- Business use - Adjusts the pool's opening balance used to calculate depreciation. Use this adjustment if you need to track adjustments due to business use.
- Current year additions - Adjusts the value of additions used to calculate depreciation.
- Write off - Adjusts the pool's balance. If you enter a write-off adjustment before running depreciation, this will affect the pool balance used to calculate depreciation. If you enter a write-off adjustment after running depreciation, this will affect the pool's closing balance for the financial year.
Enter a pool adjustment
- On the Accounts menu, select Fixed Assets.
- Click the Pools tab.
- Click the pool you want to adjust.
- Click the Adjustments tab.
- Click New Adjustment.
- Select the Date and Type of adjustment.
- Enter the adjustment Amount. This can be a positive or negative number.
In the Note field, enter a description of the adjustment.
- Click Save.