Delete yourself or another user from your organisation
Every Xero user can delete themselves from an organisation. If you have Manage Users permission, you can delete other users from your organisation.
Delete yourself from an organisation
- From the header, click the list icon , then select My Xero.
Click your user role in the Access column for the organisation you've selected.
- Click Remove my access to this organisation.
- Click Remove my access.
Delete another user from an organisation
- Go to Settings, then click General Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click on the user's name.
- Click Delete User.
- (Optional) If you don't want Xero to send an email to the user notifying them that they are being deleted, clear the checkbox.
Click Delete User to confirm.
Effects of deleting a user
Deleting user access may affect other Xero functions:
- If you delete a user who set up 'Approve for Sending' repeating invoices, future invoices will be created as drafts but not sent out. To change this, another staff member can go into the repeating invoice template and save it.
- If you delete the user who set up a Yodlee feed for your organisation, you will deactivate the feed. You'll need to set up the feed again to keep getting your bank transactions imported automatically.
- If you delete a user with saved expense claims, their claims are also deleted.
The Xero subscriber can't be deleted, the subscription must be transferred first.
Cancel your Xero login
If you want to cancel your login, contact us using the Contact Xero Support button at the bottom of any Help page.
Cancelling your login removes your access to Xero, including all organisations where you are a user. You won't be able to reactivate your account. You will still be able to view online invoices sent to you from other organisations in Xero.