Add a trial organisation for your client in Xero
Set up a trial Business Edition organisation for your client so you can try out their real data in Xero. The data you enter in the trial organisation remains when you or your client start paying for Xero.
Trial organisations are different from Xero's demo company. The demo company has fictitious data in it that you should use only for testing purposes.
Trial organisation features
- Maximum trial period of 30 days. We'll let you know when your trial period is nearly up.
- All the features of Xero, but you're limited to 4 pay runs with an unlimited number of employees. Automatic superannuation is not available.
- You can have more than one trial organisation at once.
Instructions: add a trial organisation
- Log in to Xero.
From the header, click the list icon , then select My Xero.
Click + New organisation.
Enter your organisation's name and where your organisation pays taxes. The country you choose here will determine:
- The default currency for all transactions you create in Xero.
- The currency Xero shows in reports.
- The type of sales tax reporting Xero uses.
The currency of your bill from Xero if you buy a subscription.
Click Start Trial.
When you or your client will need to start paying for the organisation
Move the trial organisation to a pricing plan if your client wants to:
- Continue with their organisation in Xero when the trial period has expired
- Remove the limits on pay runs