Troubleshooting when downloading ABA files
If you're getting errors when trying to download an ABA (Australian Bankers Association) file, there are a couple of things you can check before contacting your bank.
- On the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Find the bank account you want.
- Click Manage Account, then select Edit Account Details.
- Check the following:
- Remove any spaces or hyphens from the BSB and account number.
- Check the DE User ID, sometimes also referred to as an APCA number, is correct.
- Select the Include self-balancing transaction in the ABA file checkbox if this option is required by your bank.
- Click Save.
- In the Settings menu, select Payroll Settings.
- Select the Organisation tab.
- Click Save. This refreshes the bank account settings for payroll.
After making these changes, download the ABA file again and import to your online bank.