Your Xero dashboard
The dashboard displays a snapshot of your organization's financials and transactions entered in Xero. You can customize the dashboard to suit your needs.
If you have just started with Xero, your dashboard is likely to be fairly blank - if you want a quick introduction to some things to get you started in Xero, refer to Getting Started.
Your user role will determine what displays on your Dashboard - you may have a full Dashboard, a cut-down version or a bank accounts-only version. The Dashboard will display some or all of the following items.
Edit the dashboard
You can move each of the panels on the dashboard around or choose to hide them. To do this:
- Click Edit dashboard at the end of the page.
- You can then:
- Click on the panel and drag it into the new position.
- Click Hide or Show to remove or add a panel back to the dashboard.
- Click Save Changes.
Hide or show the getting started panel
You can choose to hide or show the getting started panel from your dashboard.
- To hide it, click the close icon.
- To show it again, in the Help menu, select Show Getting Started.
Panels on the dashboard
- Total cashflow or Total cash in and out: Keep an eye on cash going in and out of your organization. This is based on figures in the Bank Summary report.
- Account watchlist: To display the Account watchlist panel, you need to edit an account in your chart of accounts and select the Show on Dashboard Watchlist checkbox.
- Bank Accounts: When you add a bank account, you have to option to show or hide bank accounts on the dashboard.
- Invoices owed to you: A summary of the invoices owing to you, and how long they've been owed based on the due dates of sales invoices you've sent to your customers (essentially an Aged Debtors/Sales snapshot). Links through to the sales dashboard.
- Bills you need to pay: A graphical snapshot of the bills you need to pay, and when you need to pay them. Links through to the purchases dashboard.
- Expense claims: Displays when when you've added your first expense claim.
- Business performance graphs: If you or someone in your organization has favorited any business performance graphs, you'll see them on your main dashboard under the heading Business performance.