Learn how to change or reset the password you use to log in to Xero.
If you can't log in to Xero because you've forgotten your password, you can reset your password from the Xero login page. We'll email you a link to create a new password to log in with. However, we don't email forgotten passwords for security reasons.
- Go to the Xero login page
- Click on the Forgot your password? link.
- Enter the email address you use to log in to Xero, then select the Send link button.
- Check your email. Once you've received your forgotten password email, use the link in it to reset your password.
Log in to Xero using your new password.
You can change the password you use to log in to Xero while you're logged in.
Click on your user name and select Account.
- Click Edit to expand the Password section.
- Enter your current password and new password twice. Your new password must be at least 8 characters long with at least 1 number.
- Click Change Password to save.